Fenland Community Church
A church for everyone including people with Learning difficulties.
In the past terms such as "Mental Handicapped" or "Mental retardation" have been used. These terms are now rare, and the term "People with a Learning Difficulty" (or "..learning disability") is used.
Whatever term you use, all humans are unique and loved by God, and that is fundamental to what we do.
Where and when do we meet?
So what does Fenland Community Church do?
- We centre on the needs of people with a learning difficulty.
- We run all our meetings so that as far as possible, people with a learning difficulty can understand what is going on, and join in.
- We try to include everyone, whatever their disability.
- We run a Sunday service on 3 sundays each month.
- We run short services in five homes in the area.
- We try to have fun!
- Go to our Diary of events to see what is on, or see the News section on the left
- Explore our range of ever growing resources here
How do we do this?
- We use drama.
- We use dance.
- We use percussion instruments.
- We use flags.
- We use responsive prayers.
- And a range of resources.
"I think your church sounds like the kind of church Jesus would have gone to ... you won't find a church closer to God's heart than yours" - 6th Form Student at Hill's Road, Cambridge. (2010)